Assess the impact of simple lease and financial lease contracts in consolidation statements, in accordance with the IFRS16 - first application date 1st January 2019.
Registering the impact of Right-of- Use assets and related lease liabilities.
The service could be delivered in 6 steps:
- Understanding and analyzing the need (what, who, when and how)
- Collecting data with the subsidiaries and communicating about their importance (exhaustivity and accuracy)
- Preparing an Excel file that gathers all the contracts information to be uploaded to the chosen tool for IFRS 16 impact calculations.
- Uploading the data to the tool, and setting up the parameters, with a configuration adapted to the Group specific needs (contracts by business unit, aggregation by sub-group…)
- Issuing and auditing the journals with comparative impacts. Reconciling with historical data and updating the database if necessary.
- Registering (or interfacing) the journals in the Group consolidation system, then training of the collaborators.
We had to assess our impacts IFRS16 quarterly. Valérie helped us in regards, by uploading our contracts in a dedicated tool.
We could thus calculate our quarterly impacts and also run simulations for our budget and forecasts.
The training of our collaborators in subsidiaries was efficient as it was adapted in English, French or Spanish according to our needs.